Sunday, August 3, 2008

One Wayward Bird


Well, well I should have known
You’d want a poem all your own
So climb up here unto my knee
And I’ll tell of how you came to be

A stork began his yearly flight
One hot August night
In his mouth a precious bundle
The first delivery he chose to bungle

Though clearly marked for “The Palace”
The stork heads west into Dallas
Towards a family he likes more
For royalty is SUCH a bore

Gently wafting through the air
The cargo landed in our care
Wrapped inside you wouldn’t believe
Our very own Princess “E”

Of course this was too long ago
For Momma, Pappa and sister Deveaux
To recall all that occurred
Beginning with one wayward bird

This is where I must end
For now I have a card to send
Wishing to you, Echo Marie
A very happy number three
©sinbajé1965-2008
___________________
As the beginning of this poem attets to - Echo's mom and dad felt she needed a poem too so as not to be left out. I have learned over the years - whatever you give one child, you most assuredely should give the other. Like Deveaux's poem - I might have tweaked it from the original. The artowork was drawn today using my very archaic paint program and a mouse.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm enjoying your poems! I have to laugh with understanding at the truthfulness of the fact that "what you give one, you must give the other." So true, be it with children or puppies (or both, as the case may be...). Who knows whether it's our own guilt or the guilt placed on us by others, sometimes. LOL. Same results! :o)